I’m currently a couple weeks into my Whole 30, and it’s going great! Aside from the ridiculous cravings for coffee because I’m so tired, all is well. I’m also craving all the baked goods I’ve got coming up to create for you all. Loads and loads of gluten free sweets and treats!!! Even experienced Whole 30-ers can get burned out on their favorite recipes. Today I’ve complied for you 27 Whole 30 Recipes to go try! Some of these are personal favorites, and some are brand new! My eyes are in love with all this beautiful food!
1. Zuppa Toscana – if you’ve ever been to Olive Garden then you know the soup is fantastic. Rich and creamy with sausage and kale, it’s a warm soothing delight! Try out this Whole 30 compliant version. I absolutely love the fact that white potatoes are included in Whole 30, and this soup makes the most of them. Credit goes to Kristi at Farmstead Chic for the recipe!
2. Ground Turkey Taco Bowls with Cauliflower Spanish Rice – this was hands down my husband’s favorite recipe during my Whole 30. He wasn’t fully on board but had to eat the dinners I cooked. My previous experiences with cauliflower rice have been disappointing, but Amy nailed it with this concoction. There’s a perfectly satisfying crunch to this meal. I actually took it a step further and added crushed up on plan plantain chips and it was better than an off plan taco bowl. Put this on your meal calendar for every Taco Tuesday! Find full recipe at Wholesomelicious.
3. Sausage Gravy – I’m not gonna lie, there was a point during my Whole 30 where I was tired of vegetables and wanted something comforting and hearty. I’m from the South and down here we love our biscuits and gravy, neither of which are Whole 30 or even gluten free! Enter this amazing variation by Jessica from Jay’s Baking Me Crazy! It’s served over potatoes so you get your fill of fat and carbs in one delicious meal!
4. Apricot Basil Meatballs – These meatballs are seriously my top Whole 30 find! I can’t say enough good things about these little meat morsels. I double this recipe and freeze half of these to have for later! If I had more pans I’d probably triple or quadruple the recipe. That’s how much I love these meatballs. You can get the recipe from Stacie and Jessica over at The Real Food Dietitians.
5. Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash – Here’s another great entry from The Real Food Dietitians. You could really get lost digging into their site looking for delicious food! I love the fact that they are actually nutritionists, which builds confidence in their choices. This spaghetti squash is so delicious; I’ve found the best way to eat spaghetti squash is any flavor that ISN’T traditional spaghetti. This spicy buffalo chicken with ranch hits the spot!
6. Egg Fried Cauliflower Rice – I love Janie’s adaptation of traditional fried rice. And aren’t those ribbons beautiful??? We definitely eat with our eyes before our mouth, and this looks lovely! She shares her recipes over at The Hedge Combers.
7. Turkey and Lemongrass Burger – Anyone who has completed a Whole 30 knows you eat a LOT of meat. As in, a ridiculous amount. I love to find new variations of old standards to keep the boredom at bay! This is another from Janie at The Hedge Combers. I love how it blends low fat turkey with flavorful lemongrass and spices.
8. Paleo Hamburger Skillet – I can’t even tell you how excited I am to try this recipe from Valerie at Thyme and Joy. I think it’s the pickles that sold me! And thousand island dressing? Yes please!!!
9. Buffalo Chicken Frittata – I didn’t even know what a frittata was until my first foray into paleo. I love how you can throw anything and everything into it, add some eggs, and you have a meal. Credit goes to Valerie at Thyme and Joy.
10. Instant Pot Chicken Curry – It’s been a long time since I’ve tried a curry, and my taste buds were very immature back then! I can’t wait to give this a try now! Bonus, it’s in the instant pot! For those days when you completely forget about dinner until 3pm! Thanks to Bintu at Recipes from a Pantry.
11. Mushroom Masala – Anything with mushrooms wins my heart. It’s the most perfect fungus every created. Bintu from Recipes from a Pantry does it again with a beautiful, rich dish.
12. Vegan Ratatouille Stuffed Tomatoes – I am dying over these gorgeous stuffed tomatoes. Why is it that stuffing vegetables with beautiful colors makes them look 1000 times better? Created by Kim at Three Olives Branch.
13. Healthy Whole 30 Carrot Slaw – Alright so I live in Texas, and in the south we take our slaw seriously. This carrot and cabbage version from Jenn at Peas and Crayons looks perfect for those summer campouts!
14. Buffalo Shrimp Lettuce Wrap Tacos – I adore shrimp. It’s a sad thing because my husband hates it so I rarely cook it. I will absolutely make an exception for these tacos. Because, tacos, amiright? Thanks to Jenn at Peas and Crayons!
15. Roasted Jicama with Green Beans – I know Whole 30 is all about the meat, but sometimes you just need a good side dish for steak or chicken. Lisa over at Low Carb Yum created this delicious veggie dish with jicama and green beans!
16. Whole 30 Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Butternut Squash and Spinach – Oh how I love butternut squash! And anything in a slow cooker! Robin from MomFoodie created this beautiful, delicious bowl of goodness!
17. Italian Meatball Salad – Biana from Tasty Galaxy must understand my love of meatballs. Here she has given them an Italian flavor and paired with salad!
18. Low Carb Instant Pot Ratatouille – I always wonder what to do with eggplant! Ratatouille is the perfect answer! Created by Biana from Tasty Galaxy.
19. Whole 30 Breakfast Casserole – There’s nothing like the simplicity of a breakfast casserole, and this one from Gabriel at One Clever Chef features some of my favorite things : avocado and tomatoes!
20. Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup – I am so legit excited about the cabbage soup! My mom was on a cabbage soup diet when I was a teenager but as an adult I love this stuff! It’s so cheap at less than $0.40 a head! Julia at Savory Tooth added so many flavorful vegetables to this soup!
21. Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore – Ah Italian food, one of my great loves, and great misses since adopting a gluten free lifestyle. Served with zucchini noodles, this version from Julia at Savory Tooth looks amazing!
22. Grilled Greek Chicken Shish Kabobs – Summertime grilling is the best! Check out these kabobs from London at Evolving Table for a Mediterranean inspired flavor!
23. Easy Skillet Bruschetta Chicken and Asparagus – The tomato-ey goodness of bruschetta cannot be denied, and asparagus is a personal adult favorite of mine! London with Evolving Table created this quick skillet dish.
24. Strawberry Banana Coconut Smoothie – Smoothies are a gray area on Whole 30, but I’ll be honest and tell you that sometimes I’m not up for solid food and need nutrition in liquid form. This smoothie from Richa at My Food Table looks amazing and perfectly rich!
25. Crock-Pot Mississippi Pot Roast – I’ll be honest, I didn’t even know Mississippi had it’s own pot roast! But look at those beautiful peperoncini in this version from Elaina at The Rising Spoon.
26. Pan-Seared Mahi Mahi with Pineapple Salsa – Elaina does it again with this beautiful fish and salsa variation. Pineapple salsa sounds more delicious than possible! Recipe from The Rising Spoon.
27. Whole 30 Chicken Salad with Avocado, Lime, and Cilantro – I don’t know about you but it’s currently H-O-T down here in Texas. I’m all about cold recipes that pack a punch! Maya from Wholesome Yum created this beautiful chicken salad, perfect for those days when you don’t want to turn on the oven.
So there you have it! Almost a full month of new recipes to try out! Which ones are you adding to your meal plan? Drop me a comment below to let me know!